Thursday, March 8, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Covers of 2011


Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


Better late than never, right? I do not normally participate in Top Ten Tuesday. I love lists, but I have a slight problem containing things to the allotted number. Trust me when I say that indecisiveness and a proclivity for list-making do not go particularly well together. But I digress. When I saw this one, I had to do it! I am a huge sucker for fantastic covers. In fact, I am taken in by them more often than I should be. Obviously, I could never choose 10 from all book covers ever, but these are my favorites from 2011.

Top 10 Favorite Covers of 2011*
*in no particular order


01. Playing Hurt by Holly Schindler

I know this one will probably not make a lot of lists, but I just adore it. I love so many things about this cover including the angle of the shot, the colors (better when seen in person, of course), the typography, and the negative space. It all works together to create a cover that is incredibly cute and perfect in its simplicity.

02. Swear by Nina Malkin

I honestly have no desire to read this series; it's just not my cup of tea. But I have picked this book up and stared at it at the library no fewer than three times. It's so gorgeous!

03. Entwined by Heather Dixon

This is possibly my favorite of the book covers in 2011. It would absolutely make my Top 10 of all time. The book was pretty good, but I kind of want to own this book just for its cover. I actually have the picture, minus text on my screensaver. Phenomenal!

04. Illuminated by Erica Orloff

Haven't read this yet, but I want to. I love the shot in general, but the glare of light just makes it so much better.

05. Across the Universe by Beth Revis

I fell in love with this cover immediately. The stars and the colors drew me in, and the promise of romance with the almost-kiss sealed the deal.

06. We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han

Again, negative space. And I adore the typography in all the Pretty books.

07. The Next Always by Nora Roberts

If you see it in person, it is a lot prettier. But I love it! It is so gentle and bright and lovely.

08. The Beginning of After by Jennifer Castle

Something about this cover just reaches out and grabs me. The vivid colors, the sun in the background, and the way her hair is blowing are probably my favorite things about it.

09. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Even the picture of it is pretty! But in person, it has this shimmery quality that makes everything so much brighter. Also, I adore the font and the swirls.

10. Sometimes It Happens by Lauren Barnholdt

The colors are definitely the best thing about this cover. The cover itself is good, but the contrast of the white against the rainbow of blues and pinks and everything in between makes me love it so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psst! I now reside over at The Book Barbies. I'd still love to hear your thoughts, though!