Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bout of Books 4.0: Day Two



Challenge of the Day: Bookish Confessions, hosted by Nyx Book Reviews.

There were two options for this challenge, but I can't think of any good book stories to share. And I love surveys! Thus, the survey choice for me.

Physical book or eBook?
Physical book, hands down! Although I'm definitely loving my new Nook. In fact, both BoB books I've finished so far were on there.

Paperback or Hardcover?
Paperback

Reality or Make-believe?
Make-believe. Thus, my blog name, LOL.

Adult or Young-Adult?
Oh, blast it all. Let's see. It honestly completely depends on my mood. I love them both so much and for so many different reasons! After some reflection, though, I probably have to give a slight edge to adult.

Dog ears or Bookmarks?
It pains me that this is a legitimate question. BOOKMARKS!

Breaking the spine or Barely open the book?
I'm actually quite the expert at balancing right in between the two. But I'm not super opposed to breaking the spine if necessary.

Tea or Coffee?
Tea! Coffee is one of the most disgusting things ever. Yes, including the smell. *shudders*

Reading in bed or On the couch?
In my life, I've probably accomplished 60+% of my reading in bed. At home, I have a full-size bed and used to only use half for sleeping, keeping one of those giant fold-out foam sleeper chairs (like this one) on the other half for reading. But in the last couple years, I've discovered how amazing it can be on a super comfortable couch (like the one I'm sitting on at the moment). I still have to say bed, though.

Series or Standalone?
Probably standalone. They both have their strong suits, but drives me absolutely bonkers to read normal series on a one-book-a-year release. I generally avoid those as much as possible. I love standalones because the story's all right there for you to read. But I love the extended world of series, too. There's nothing like having a marathon of an awesome new (and by new, I mean old and complete, but new to me) series I've discovered.

Original or TV Adaptation?
Original.

Defy motion sickness or Audiobooks?
Defy motion sickness. I've read in the car my entire life. Unless we're going through some crazy mountains or the car owner is particularly fond of sickening floral scents, reading in the car doesn't bother me. I do listen to audiobooks while I'm driving, though.

Author crushes or Who-was-that-guy-again?
Author crushes! I have a crazy good memory when it comes to authors, and when I discover an awesome new author, I tend to read lots by them for the next few weeks/months. I usually have at least one author crush going on at any given moment, if not more. (Current author crushes include Jill Shalvis and Courtney Milan).

Interview or Guest post?
Interview.

Update for Day One
Books read: The Governess Affair by Courtney Milan, Her Best Worst Mistake by Sarah Mayberry
Challenge post: N/A
Total number of books I’ve read: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psst! I now reside over at The Book Barbies. I'd still love to hear your thoughts, though!