Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge


2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge


We all have those books. We buy them, win them, they're gifted to us. Then we put them up on a bookshelf and there they stay, collecting dust, waiting for the time when we'll finally decide to pick them up. Join us on a quest to dust off your TBR Pile and read all the books you've been telling yourself you'll read next time you'll get a chance. This is your chance! And we've got PRIZES!!! :D

(Click the link above for more information.)

This is such an excellent idea! I tend to get the majority of my books at super discounted prices via used book sales. This is awesome for my wallet, but not so great for the books. I will often get quite a few at once and read one or two of them, but then my attention span fails. I want to read that new book that just came out, or that novel I was in 978493th place in at the library has finally arrived. And the rest of my newly acquired stack moves to The Shelf (or the desk drawer, the plastic drawer, a box...you get the idea). This challenge is perfect. I am setting my goal at 12 books; one book a month definitely seems doable. We'll see how it goes!

My List (subject to change):

001. The Morning Gift by Eva Ibbotson
002. Summer in the City by Elizabeth Chandler
003. A historical by Judith McNaught
004. A classic
005. A general fiction book
006. A contemporary romance
007. Open
008. Open
009. Open
010. Open
011. Open
012. Open

1 comment:

Psst! I now reside over at The Book Barbies. I'd still love to hear your thoughts, though!