Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Introduction


Hello, all!

I have contemplated starting a blog dedicated to reviewing books for a while, but I never got around to it.  I figured I didn't have the time to devote to it.  I read a lot of books (approximately 100 a year, give or take a few), and that's a heck of a lot of typing and thinking of something to say other than "OMG, THAT WAS AWESOME!" or "Meh, it was average."  However, I find myself writing more and more real reviews as of late.  I thought it was time to actually post them all somewhere besides my personal journal.  I am still deciding as to whether or not I will be posting my backlog of reviews.

What books will be reviewed here?  Well, I read a lot from a variety of genres.  I predominantly read historical romance (Regency England is my favorite) as well as a lot of YA.  I have a theory that this is to make up for the fact that I read so little YA during my teen years, preferring to immerse myself in classics and 1001-Books-To-Read-Before-You-Die type books.  I still adore classics, and you will find reviews of those scattered throughout here, as well as contemporary romance, Christian romance, general fiction, and even some non-fiction (not a lot, though; as you - being the observant readers I have no doubt you are - have probably deduced from the blog title, I tend to lean quite heavily toward fictional reading material).

Also, rest assured that anything that is remotely spoilery will be preceded by a clear warning.  There's nothing worse than wanting to read a book, only to accidentally stumble across the monumental plot twist, thus taking all the excitement out of reading the book.

Well, that's about it!  I am planning to start posting with the new year, but I may not wait that long.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psst! I now reside over at The Book Barbies. I'd still love to hear your thoughts, though!