The Liebster Blog Award is given to up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. How sweet is that??
1. Each person must post 10 facts about themselves
2. Answer 10 questions the tagger has given you and give 10 questions for the people you’ve tagged.
3. Choose 10 people and link them in your post.
4. Tell them you’ve tagged them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.
10 Random Facts About Me:
01. I love to read! Obvious, I suppose, but mandatory for a random fact list.
02. I am very easily obsessed.
03. I love even numbers and equally dislike odd numbers, but...
04. ...my favorite number is 13. It has been since I was a child because I always felt like it got a bad rep for being "unlucky."
05. I am horribly indecisive.
06. I'm studying to be an American Sign Language interpreter.
07. I always have my toenails painted, but never my fingernails.
08. I tend to get entirely too invested in the lives of fictional people, in both books and television alike.
09. I don't watch nearly as much television as I used to, so I really should update my little Intro/Profile.
10. Friends is my all-time favorite show.
Questions from Morgan:
01. How long have you been blogging?
Well, that depends what you mean by blogging. I had a personal "blog" over at Livejournal from 2007, but I really used it more for fandom things with some talk about my life. As for book blogging, I've been doing it since December 27, 2011, the birthday of Fictionally Inclined.
02. Why did you start blogging?
Again, it depends. I'll just go answering about my book blog. Basically, I had taken to posting reviews of books on my personal blog, and I discovered I quite liked it. However, I knew that wasn't the place for it if I wanted to really get into it. Thus, this blog was born!
03. Who is your favorite author?
Oh, oh. See #5 above. I'm absolutely terrible at picking favorites. I have current favorites. I can sometimes say if it's narrowed down to specific genres. But I love so many authors; I truly don't have only one favorite.
04. What is your favorite book?
People and their "favorite" questions!
Young Adult: The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
General Fiction: Hunting and Gathering by Anna Gavalda
Historical Romance: You know, I'm really not sure. Most anything by Julia Quinn, Lisa Kleypas, Tessa Dare, or Courtney Milan
Contemporary Romance: Most anything by Jill Shalvis, Sarah Mayberry, or Kristan Higgins
Western Romance: Heart of the West by Penelope Williamson (Really more of an epic novel with a huge, best-chemistry-ever romantic element. But it totally qualifies.)
05. Do you have any ARCs right now? If so, what?
Yep. I'm reading one (Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry) right now, actually!
Others I Haven't Read Yet:
The Widow of Saunder's Creek by Tracey Bateman (LibraryThing Early Reviewers)
What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor (NetGalley)
06. What are your favorite genres to read?
Contemporary romance, historical romance, and young adult
07. How many books are in your TBR pile?
Well, I don't have a physical TBR pile unless you count what I have out from the library at the moment. The books I own are all together, whether I've read them or not. My to-read shelf on Goodreads, though, which is my official TBR list has 171 books.
08. If you could be a book character for a day who would you be? Why?
Ohh, SUCH A GOOD QUESTION. I'd want to be someone really hardcore, like Katsa from Graceling.
09. What is your favorite place to read? Why?
I have two.
1) Down on the dock of the lake on my university campus, preferably with my best friend reading next to me. It's such a peaceful, beautiful setting, and I've spent many hours this way. This is absolutely one of the top things I'm going to miss after I graduate next year.
2) On a comfy chair on the back porch of my cousins' house with a steaming mug of white hot chocolate, wrapped in a quilt while it rains. Alas, this only happens a few times a year, but when it does, it's LOVELY. I just love the whole atmosphere.
10. If you could live in a different time period what would you choose? Why?
Oh, goodness, that's a difficult question. On one hand, I'd love to live back in the Regency period, except then I remember that people barely bathed and I'd have wear a corset, not to mention the lack of women's rights and indoor plumbing. I also have a strange desire to live in the 1950's. Even thought the oppression of women was horrible at that point, I just love the clothes and hairstyles and bathing suits! And there's something appealing about hosting dinner parties and letting your kids run off to the sandlot with their friends at a moment's notice.
People I'm Tagging:
(Honestly, I apparently didn't follow 10 people with under 200 followers before today, so some of these are very recent discoveries. But I really enjoyed finding some new bloggers!)
01. So Obsessed With
02. Bookish Comforts
03. Reading, Eating & Dreaming
04. Bringing the Epic
06. Teenage Fiction
07. Honestly YA
08. Girl with a Pen and a Dream
09. Little Red Reads
10. Dolce Pazzia
Questions for My Tag-ees:
01. How long have you been blogging about books?
02. How did you get into book blogging?
03. What are some of your favorite books/series?
04. What about authors?
06. If you could recommend one book to get a non-reader into your favorite genre (or one of your favorite genres), what book would you choose?
07. What is one pet peeve you have that grates your nerves when it appears in books?
08. What is one plot device/trope/factor that pretty much guarantees you'll read a book if it's included?
09. How do you keep track of the books you want to read? Online? Computer file? Physical list?
10. If you could choose any book character to be your significant other, who would you choose?