Saturday, June 9, 2012

Second Chance Saturday: 6/9/12 Edition


The goal of this feature is to give a second chance to a book/author/series you have written off for some reason. (If you'd like more information on how this feature works, check out this introduction post.)


This Month's Book: Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
Why It's a Second Chance: I had heard really good things about this series, so I picked the first book up from the library a few months ago. Strike one? The size. It's super awkward, too large to be a paperback. I didn't like it all. Strike two was that I started it when I was in one of those moods where anything I read wasn't quite going to do it for me. I put it down after two pages. Thankfully, I picked it up again a couple weeks ago. Once I actually started reading it, I completely fell in love! I adored the first book, and I immediately read the second. What's that, you ask? Am I in love with Marcus Flutie? Why, yes. Yes, I am.
Review of the book: To be posted ASAP. Honestly, I'm typing this post up in about 30 seconds because I didn't want to skip out my first time around. But I'm in the process of designing a new layout, and I am this close to fixing an issue with which I've been struggling for a good five hours. And that's only today. This is also the reason I haven't been super active around the blogosphere for the past few days. I'm really (really really really) hoping to get it up tomorrow at the latest. I'm so excited about it! Let me know if you have participated in this meme; if you have, I will gladly make up a quick linky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psst! I now reside over at The Book Barbies. I'd still love to hear your thoughts, though!