Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: 8/8/12 Edition

What book? Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt

When does it come out? March 26, 2013

What is it about? When Mallory discovers that her boyfriend, Jeremy, is cheating on her with an online girlfriend, she swears off boys. She also swears off modern technology. Inspired by a list of goals her grandmother made in 1962, Mallory decides to "go vintage" and return to a simpler time (when boyfriends couldn't cheat on you online). She sets out to complete grandma's list: run for pep club secretary, host a dinner party, sew a homecoming dress, find a steady, do something dangerous. But the list is trickier than it looks. And obviously finding a steady is out . . . no matter how good Oliver (Jeremy's cousin) smells. But with the help of her sister, she'll get it done. Somehow.

Why am I waiting on this book? How fantastic does this book sound? I'm the sort of person who can spend hours in an antique store, looking at the old hats and kitchen utensils and wishing I lived in the time when I could use them. I love the old lingo like "steady." How adorable is that? When I first heard about this book, I thought it was pretty much made for me, and my opinion hasn't swayed. I like the original premise, and it appeals to me like crazy. I would really love to read about a girl boycotting technology, embracing her grandmother's list that reflected life of a teenage girl in the early 1960's, and possibly falling in love along the way. I can't wait until this book comes out!

6 comments:

  1. I saw this on Tara's blog (Fiction Folio) today and I really think it's cute! I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jade InkScratchersAugust 8, 2012 at 5:50 PM

    I love Lindsey Leavitt's book Sean Griswold's Head so I can't wait for this, it sounds cute and funny!

    New follower :)

    My WOW And check out my giveaway HERE

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a really fun read! And a new sort of idea instead of the retreads we've been seeing a lot of lately.

    New follower via GFC.

    Ensconced in YA
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This totally didn't grab me at first, but after reading the premise a few times at various places, I'm wondering how the heck I didn't add it to my TBR the first time I saw it! Added now. :) Great pick!

    Here's my WoWRandi @ Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks

    ReplyDelete
  5.  Great choice, I can't wait for this one either.

    My WOW and international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I'm really excited for this one as well. It seems like such a fun read. :)

    ReplyDelete

Psst! I now reside over at The Book Barbies. I'd still love to hear your thoughts, though!