Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: 4/18/12 Edition


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine, and the object is to spotlight a future release you are waiting patiently (or not-so-patiently, more likely) to read.

What book? In Honor by Jessi Kirby

What is it about? Hours after her brother’s military funeral, Honor opens the last letter Finn ever sent. In her grief, she interprets his note as a final request and spontaneously decides to go to California to fulfill it. Honor gets as far as the driveway before running into Rusty, Finn’s best friend since third grade and his polar opposite. She hasn’t seen Rusty in ages, but it’s obvious he is as arrogant and stubborn as ever—not to mention drop-dead gorgeous. Despite Honor’s better judgment, the two set off together on a voyage from Texas to California. Along the way, they find small and sometimes surprising ways to ease their shared loss and honor Finn’s memory—but when shocking truths are revealed at the end of the road, will either of them be able to cope with the consequences?

When does it come out? May 8, 2012

Why am I waiting on this book? If I may counter your question with another question...How could you not want to read this?! Everyone is totally free to have their own tastes, obviously. But this book just looks amazing. Romance, angst, road trip, interesting characters, conflicting relationship, WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR IN A BOOK? Needless to say, I have been obsessively checking my library catalog to see when they will add this so I can put a hold on it. Like, seriously obsessively. I have checked pretty much every single day for the past two weeks. But anyway. Now that you know what I do in my free time, we can return to the book. But I guess I've about covered it. In Honor looks like it's going to be seventeen kinds of amazing, and I can't wait to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psst! I now reside over at The Book Barbies. I'd still love to hear your thoughts, though!