Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: 4/4/12 Edition


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine, and the object is to spotlight a future release you are waiting patiently (or not-so-patiently, more likely) to read.

What book? My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

When does it come out? June 14, 2012

Why am I waiting on this book? Okay, so. I'm not sure I can give you a completely logical response to this question. I haven't heard anything about this book yet. But every once in a while, you see a book, fall in love with the cover and summary, and it just seems to click. It calls to you. And you know you have to read it as soon as humanly possible. You know that you will love it. And if it doesn't live up to everything you think it will be, it is devastating. For me, that happened with My Life Next Door. I am anxiously awaiting its release, and I plan to pick it up from Barnes & Noble the day it's released to ensure that I get it as quickly as humanly possible. I also plan to sequester myself far from any possible interruptions. It's going to be a great day.

What are you guys waiting on this week? Have you ever felt that immediate connection with a book before?

4 comments:

  1. Same here. I can't really say, but I want this book!

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover is really cute. And I do have instant connections with books all the time - sometimes I come across a cover & a summary and both just make it seem perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel very much the same way about this book! There's something about it that really pulls you in, yes? Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book does sound good! Thanks for highlighting it!

    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/

    ReplyDelete

Psst! I now reside over at The Book Barbies. I'd still love to hear your thoughts, though!